Union Transfer



Where is the club located?

1026 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123

For directions click here

How can I get tickets to a Union Transfer show?

You can purchase tickets online by clicking the TICKETS icon on any show page on our site and will be taken to the Ticketfly site. Purchase over the phone by calling Ticketfly at 877-4-FLY-TIX.   You can also purchase tickets for shows at Union Transfer w/ NO SERVICE FEE at our box office (1026 Spring Garden Street) . The box office is open every Friday and Saturday from Noon to 6pm AND every evening we have a show from 5pm to close . We accept both cash and credit (no fee for either). If tickets do not sell out in advance, they will be sold at the door on the night of the show. If you’re unsure, please call the Union Transfer to inquire.

In addition to our box office, tickets are also available Philadelphia’s finest independent record store AKA Music (120 N 3rd Street). Open from 12pm-8pm Mon-Sat and 12pm-6pm on Sunday. Tickets purchased at AKA are CASH ONLY.

If a show is cancelled, where do I get a refund?

If a show is cancelled, refunds are available at point of purchase. You will be refunded automatically if you purchased a ticket through Ticketfly. Please note openers are always subject to change.

Does Union Transfer have handicap seating?

The main venue floor,  lobby bars and restrooms are all handicap accessible.  There are no designated handicap seats, but we will accommodate to the best of our ability.  Please email assistance@utphilly.com to make arrangements prior to the show.

What are my payment options in the venue?

We accept most forms of payment. Cash is king, but we also accept American Express, MasterCard and Visa. We have an ATM on-site at the venue. If tickets do not sell out in advance, they will be sold at the door on the night of the show.

How old do I have to be to get into the club?

Please check the show description to verify age limits for individual shows. Security is present at every show to verify your age.

I’ve never been to Union Transfer before, do I get a seat or is it general admission?

Union Transfer is a general admission venue and mostly standing room only. However, we do have LIMITED seating upstairs in our showroom balcony. Please note, all seating is first come first served.

My friend and I just started a band, how can I get us a show booked at Union Transfer?

The best way to get a show at Union Transfer is to send your press pack to:1026 Spring Garden St / Philadelphia, PA 19123. Please list a show history (including where, when, ticket price and what they drew—be as specific as possible). Please allow four to six weeks before following up with an e-mail. Of course, buying Sean Agnew a Bengal tiger is also a good place to start.

Do I need to bring ID?

Of course you do! Government-issued photo ID is required for entry to all shows.

What are the usual set times?

Set times are not typically available until the evening of the show. Please note that our professional team of engineers does its best to keep all shows running on time, but every once and a while a show runs late. Don’t get upset. Remember: It’s a rock ’n’ roll show. Enjoy your time out of the house.

Do you serve alcohol?

You betcha!  We have 3 full bars – one in the lobby and two in the main venue area.  Each has several draft and bottled beer from micro and macro breweries plus a full liquor selection.  We also have plenty of H20 and soft drinks at our concessions stand.

Do you serve cheese fries at your venue?

No, but we have some small snacks at our concessions stand, and in the warmer months we serve Little Baby’s Ice Cream!

I have a blog. Do I count as Press?

Maybe, but don’t ask us. Union Transfer doesn’t issue press passes or photo passes. All press inquires should be directed to the band’s publicist, label or management.

Can I get in for free?

Maybe, but what are you going to do for us? Relationships are a two-way street. We are always in search of street-teamers and folks to flyer. We can also offer you free admission if you were on any of the Phillies, 76ers, Flyers, or Eagles championship rosters.

Can you give me the contact of someone at the label?

Unfortunately, we cannot give out that information, but Google and liner notes can probably help. You’ll be surprised what you can find on the Internet.

Can I bring my camera?

The photo policy varies for each artist and is usually not determined until day of show. Usually we allow cameras for the first 3 songs, but check the artist’s policy. You can inquire about the photo policy at the door or call 215-232-2100 on the day of show. If cameras are permitted then NO FLASHES ARE ALLOWED. If you are good at taking pictures, please send us copies!

Do you have a coat check?

Yes, we have a coat check, but Union Transfer encourages you to dress scandalously in the winter months. When in doubt, remember that it’s fashion before comfort.

Puis-je fumer dans le club?

Sorry, there is no smoking Union Transfer. However, there is a space outside the front door where you can do so if you so please.

Is there re-entry?

If you are 21+ and have the proper stamp / wristband from the bar. We will allow you to smoke outside for a few minutes…

Where do I park?

Union Transfer has a secure and private parking facility in the rear of the building. The lot is available starting at 6pm and will be monitored by security until 1/2 hour after the show. Please beware of other parking lots and attendants purporting to work for Union Transfer. The only official Union Transfer lot is the one directly behind the venue. Parking is $10 and can be paid at the lot entrance.

Do you rent your rooms for private events?

Of course! Nuestra casa es su casa. We like to party. Please visit here for more information.

Other Union Transfer Rules and FAQs:

No fliers, stickers, handbills please.
If you lose an item at a show, please call 215-232-2100 the following day.
All shows are general admission.
All bags will be searched.
No outside food, beverages, markers, spray paint, weapons (includes pocket knives).
Please arrive at the venue 15 minutes before doors are scheduled to open.
You must show proof of age by government-issued photo ID and obtain a wristband to be served at the bar.